Thursday, September 26, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is a bit puzzling to learn, how could that be possible, that they have mistaken me for Eugenia, who was working as our family's maid during the one year that we lived in Mexico when I was eight years old. So we have to try to be nice to these various people for diplomatic reasons, even when Eugenia did have an attitude problem. My parents bought her a Bible with her name engraved it so hopefully she read the Bible that they gave to her and worked on improving her attitude, because anyway she was only the hired help. She came to California to see us the year that we were on furlough when I was 12 years old, and then when we drove back through Mexico, returning to El Salvador, we dropped her off there in Mexico. She later came to see us in El Salvador on her return trip from Panama when I was in high school and so that was nice, having acquired the airs of a duchess or royalty. I forget what she said. We never saw her after that, but she got married and had a family so life goes on.

Coincidentally, Chavez is one of her surnames, Lopez being her other surname, but I do not imagine there would be anything of interest to say about that.