Saturday, October 5, 2024

Which Reminds Me

 Yes, I vaguely remember during high school, during maybe a study hall or something, overhearing something that Ronit was saying to Marion. I do not like having to repeat it, because anyway she was not talking to me, and I am not sure whether I heard that correctly, but anyway it was sort of interesting to hear her talking about how she belongs to the House of David, which was surprising to me because to me they were all Jewish people, but I suppose they do have some internal distinctions amongst themselves that I do not see from my distant vantage point, because she was saying that due to the recent nationhood of Israel, that puts pressure on them to merge with Israel to help build them up, and so she might have to marry some Israeli man who might not have quite the prestige of the House of David. So that sounded scary the way she was talking. I never really heard how that worked out for them, it was just an interesting thing to hear about.