Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I was terrible at acing, so what makes them imagine that I could ever succeed on the stage? 

During Miss Marken's 10th grade honors class especially, she sometimes would have various people perform role-playing skits. Some of my classmates were really very good at doing that, although don't ask me later who played what role in a skit. I completely forget such details, only that they were really quite good at performing on the classroom stage, such as it was improvised to be on a few occasions. I was only called on once to perform in such a skit and I was terrible at that, so that was a relief to not have to do that. 

But then again I performed in a high school musical my senior year and got some compliments for my recital of the lines and also sang two songs, so it helps for me not to have to invent the lines myself.