Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that while I was attending CBN, now called Regent, that for a short time I worked in the office of Dr. Carl Hunt, and part of my job was to compile a bibliography on the topic of leadership, which I did so compile as instructed as far as the short time allowed. So that was a nice job to have if you can get it. I was grateful to have that for a short time. But then I graduated and I completely forget what I did there for work, it did not seem like that much work. 

More recently we have learned of the existence of Carl Weaks, an Adventist publisher in China, who was from Tennessee. Ok, fine. No one is disputing the fact that there were Adventists in China at the same time as others of other denominations, and that Carl Weaks was involved in a publishing operation there of the Adventist variety. Ok, fine. 

I seriously doubt that Dr. Carl Hunt was ever an Adventist, so I am not seeing your point. 

I never had the slightest connection to the Adventists, other than attending their concert, so I am not seeing where they have any hooks to put in me.                                                                                               

That was a pathetic move by Cruz, who is stuck with an Adventist for a wife, Gwen, himself being a Catholic, so what would he know about Protestant missionaries in China in 1910? 

The Adventists should go away and stop bothering me. I respect that they are doing their jobs, but they have nothing worth mentioning to say about me. 

If they had a job for me to do, fine. However, I would need to review the actual job offer and salary points before saying whether I would accept that or not.   

Anyway, I am not stupid enough to go to the Adventists just for nothing, so you are just barking up the wrong tree.