Monday, October 7, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during the year I was at Evangel College, one Sunday evening I was at a church there in Springfield, and the congregation was singing that song, "The Lion of Judah shall break every chain, and give to us the victory again and again." That song sounded so great, everyone was so enthusiastic. Amazing that I still remember that, but I am not sure why that song is not heard very much anymore. Nobody seems to be singing the older songs that are on a path to be forgotten. 

And then there is the problem of the devil being as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. So I am not sure if that would be another reason for not singing that song anymore.

But of course, when your team wins the ball game is seems perfectly normal to chime in with a simplified rendition of "We are the Champions," even if that is only a song for a moment in time, and then later, the next day or days ahead, there will be other games to win or lose, not necessarily ball games but other challenges and trials and tribulations, jobs to chip away at, home work assignments yet to find their stopping point.