Friday, August 14, 2026

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember in fifth grade, feeling surprised and happy that I was invited to Francesca's birthday party. I remember arriving at the large house in the more affluent part of town, and I do not know why I do not remember much else about the party, except that I had to leave early because my Mom had arrived to get me, and as I was leaving, maybe that was Pat Whitaker who said that I should take one of those gift boxes on a certain table, because she said that everyone gets one of those party gifts, so I did whatever Pat said, although it seemed weird and awkward, and come to think of it, why is Pat running the show at someone else's party at someone else's house, and then I just look like an idiot. But whatever. I did whatever they told me to do.