Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is probably just as well that the more recently updated dictionaries of Spanish-English now include a note of the existence of the Chilean slang version, because years ago there was no way to learn that. You would look in the dictionary of 40 or 50 years ago and the meanings would include a bird's beak, mountain peak, pickaxe mining tool and corner. 

Which reminds me that during the year that I was at Evangel, some of us were invited to a gathering at the home of an elderly missionary couple who had lived in Central America, I am forgetting their names at the moment, and in their front room prominently displayed was a book by the title of "El Sombrero de Tres Picos," which means the Tri-cornered Hat. That was something that I definitely noticed. I don't know, maybe they understood something about that.