Sunday, August 9, 2026

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember Raymond saying that he wan planning to be a millionaire by the age of thirty. That was in connection with economics class, when our teacher was explaining to us about the stock market and how that works. I never heard more about how that worked out for them later. It was just a theme that seems to reappear from time to time, something about the imaginary millions dollars. 

It was not until maybe forty years later that I went to Sacramento and found the document with the million number magically imprinted upon it. Whether there ever was a million dollars, or only shares aiming for that number, it would be hard to see how that number could ever be achieved given a subsequent hailstorm of depreciation. Anyway, there seem to be some parts missing, so it is very hard to say anything more about that, so why even try? Why get all pumped up about something that can never happen?