Sunday, June 5, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that when I published my fictional short story in the high school newspaper, in the last issue of the year, shortly before high school graduation, there was some sort of hullabaloo, the result of which was a private meeting of myself with an actual authority figure, Miss Marken, my English literature teacher, who advised that in future any fiction written by myself should, whenever published, be clearly labeled as fiction, so that if I should happen to write a novel, that should be clearly labeled as NOVEL, and so forth, so that people will not be confused about whether that would ever happen.

Yes, I suppose that if I had nothing etter to do while waiting around for something to happen, I could go to the shopping mall and watch the various people walking in the halls and occasionally stepping aside to avoid colliding in the hallways of the shopping mall. But to impose upon these people various thoughts and motivations drawn from my own imagination would be a step too far. That would be something to label as fiction, And if I were to publish whatever fiction might occur to me, I would immediately have a pack of annoying critics nipping at my heels. And that would be ridiculous to hear my literary merits criticized by dumpy dog Judy Hills, who spent her entire high school career glued to the side of worthless Tom, so what brain cells would she have in her empty head?