Thursday, December 14, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that I thought it very odd, this obsession of yours with winning the lottery. Often you have made jokes about the lottery and betting, and even thought I told you I do not buy lottery tickets, I am starting to think that maybe I should try that, too. But didn't I point out in some article that I wrote that the odds of wining the lottery are similar to being eaten by a shark?

Coincidentally, during the latter half of the 1990s, I was singing with the Florida Philharmonic Choir and Chamber Singers, and our choir director told us that he was a graduate of the choir college that is somehow related to Princeton University in New Jersey. I enjoyed that volunteer experience very much, but anyway, although I have not sung for years now, I did so much enjoy the time that I sang with them.

Yes, I suppose that if you could qualify for admission to that choir college, you could almost write your own ticket, your career would be set for life as a choir director. Still, that would not count as a lottery ticket. That would require some hard work and study. You would have to move to New Jersey and apply there, something that I would never think of doing. But that would be something for you to think of, not me. I am done with music. 

I am done with performing as a sitting duck for your social experiments.