Sunday, August 26, 2018

Which Reminds Me

You have pushed to our awareness the existence of Earnest Elmo Calkins, coincidentally of the same last name as us, and yet we have no idea who this person was. Only from Wikipedia do we learn that, oh, he was an advertising executive from Illinois, but I have no idea how he connects back to Hugh who arrived in 1640. That is a long time ago to figure out why we are getting all of these weird phone calls from Intra-Publix Advertisers of New York, who apparently imagine that they swallowed the brand of Calkins and Holding into their megalomaniacal infrastructure, as if we even knew anything about that. We never applied to be an artistic role model for them, that we should be bothered to reply to that. Publix is a place to buy groceries, not a place for sewing classes.

If I am not descended from Earnest, does that require me to always be flip and/or flippant? I think not.

I cannot seriously be expecting to bother to go up to New York to kick around some arrogant add-on butts to knock off your annoying blocks. I cannot afford that. Stop harassing poor little me. Where is my paycheck?