Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely remember during my first semester at Evangel, the latter half of it, rooming for a month or so with that girl, was her name Carol, who was Amish or Mennonite or something. She had an inflammation of one eye and someone, not me, made a comment about how one almost forgot what she had looked like before that as if she was that ugly all the time. She wasn't that ugly. It was just that her eye was very swollen at the time.

That said, what was she doing at our school anyway, trying to trap people with her hyper-legalistic lifestyle in which people are not allowed to drive cars and must get around on horse and buggy, etc. etc. I always find it uncomfortable how these clueless Plymouth Brethren/Amish/Mennonite people try to make me feel so worldly when actually by comparison I am very conservative as compared to those wicked evil witches Jan and June. But it would so rude for me to boast of such a thing.

We must talk about salvation, and how we are not saved by comparisons. We must each have an individual relationship with God in which the Holy Spirit shows us how we are to live, or NOT live, whatever the case may be. Society is thus changed from within, not by force or coercion, but by each by individual initiative. But it is hard for me to get a word in edgewise. And anyway, you can't get that from me. You have to get it for yourself.