Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that I should be grateful for persons who were patient with me during me studies of Spanish literature. Sometimes I would figure out what words mean merely by context but occasionally I would need to ask the meaning of a difficult word, and then I realized that some of these words are more reflexively understood by native speakers, whereas if I have a problem I should just look it up in the dictionary, and I started doing that instead of bothering people with such matters. Of course, the word for mountain peak is a simple word posing no particular difficulty as seen plainly in the dictionary, where the word can also mean the beak of a bird, but when one is talking about a mountain peak, the meaning is plain and simple, not requiring any special inquiry as to which definition is in use, obviously. Needless to say. But apparently some people have other vain imaginations.