Sunday, April 4, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I remember when I was working at a small town paper in Central Florida, the reporter for the big regional daily was Ms. Jacobs, who I only talked to maybe once or twice. Years later I was hearing online from Mr. Jacobs, who was telling me about his daughter and sort of making me feel bad for competing against her, even though it had been several years since I had worked opposite her for a short time and only doing my job or at least trying to do my job. I wouldn't be doing my job if I were only photocopying whatever she does. Then I looked at her name online and saw that she now had a great job working for the power company. Wow, that's great. Obviously I cannot compete with that, wouldn't think of trying. You could always call Rachel in Boston, but she works in  healthcare so she might not be interested.