Friday, October 22, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that years ago, while I was attending college, often when some people would get together and go out some place to eat off-campus, we would say that we would "go Dutch," meaning that we would pay our own way. So that was what it meant to "go Dutch." So when a bunch of us went to the Coco's coffee shop, I paid for my own order of onion rings.Of course, that had nothing to do with ethnicity.

That said, it should not be assumed that I would "go Dtuch" in every situation, especially when it comes to ethnicity. Actually,in that sense  I am NOT going to go Dutch. I am aware of there being some Dutch people here and there, especially in such places as Pennsylvania, but I do not consider myself in any way obligated to pay for their plate of onion rings, much less to go there. They should not be expecting me to go there, I have other plans for myself. 

Much less am I thinking to "go Dutch Reformed." You Dutch people eem nice, but I have other plans for myself. You were not invited to my life.