Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember hearing that my Mom's late Uncle Winfred and his wife Hazel had two daughters, but what their names were I really could not tell you. Only more recently, when I did my genealogical research on Ancestry.com, have I learned of the existence of Beverly and Patsy. Interesting how their names appear in the documentary evidence, even when I had not been aware of their existence, and even so, their existence does seem somewhat a matter of indifference to me, given that we are not very close to them and do not really have any reason to go there. 

There was that letter written by my grandmother reproaching her brother Winfred for keeping the farm and not giving his sisters any percentage of that, because his mother had left it to him, being the male and the nly son who stayed on the farm and worked the farm, so that made sense in a way, but anyway, that was my grandmother's emotional pain, not mine, and she died in the 1970s, so, now that the original farm has been demolished by a rock-crushing operation, the whole prospect of going there to see the farm again grows less and less desirable with every passing year. So if I never see them again, or am ever introduced in the first place, does not seem to matter very much.