Monday, October 11, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember being told that when I was four years old I scolded my Dad's Aunt Dora about her tobacco habit. I was certainly way too precocious at the age of four, I cannot deny that point. Aunt Dora, who was Uncle Joe's wife, was at the beach smoking a cigarette, which was somehow alarming to my 4-year-old mind. And I have yet to hear the end of the hullabaloo she created over that. They later divorced, so obviously my Dad's Uncle Joe had many personal problems. It is hard for me to understand why all this noise. It would seem somehow a bit of an overkill to slaughter a 4-year-old child in defense of your defenseless tobacco habit. Even the Surgeon General would agree with me on that point at least. 

Which brings to mind that our college had a quad of tobacco chewers, among whom was Al Moore. And what were we going to do with all of these vices? I was trying to forget them but they make too much noise.