Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, what was the name of that girl I met at Calvary Assembly that time in Orlando, and she was very chatty and friendly and we were talking, at lunch after church with a group of people, and then later somehow we got the idea of going to Cross Creek, which is the home of Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, a famous Florida author of "The Yearling," a famous book and movie. So the two of us went to Cross Creek, where you can tour the house where the author lived and learn some interesting things about the history of Florida, and there was another historic building nearby that was a hotel or restaurant and we also went over there and were looking around, and I forget somehow we ran into the airplane people from work, they seemed friendly at the time, so that was interesting, meeting people I know from work while I am out hanging around with people from church. 

And then another time I went with her to the MGM park where we ate at that old-time restaurant that has funny old-time videos playing, and then later out in the parking lot she struck up a conversation with some unknown guy in the parking lot who I thought was a complete stranger. I did think it was odd that she was chatting away with this guy who, as far as I could tell, she had just met two minutes ago. He said that he was just going off work and on his way home. Ok, fine. Let him go home. If you meet some guy at a church there would be at least half a chance that he might be a Christian, but to just start talking to some guy in a parking lot seems a bit dangerous to me. I couldn't understand why she was so interested, how would you know whether or not he wasn't really some drug dealer? Random.