Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I did think that was nice, and very flattering, back in college days, when those guys would introduce me to a group of people, perhaps more than once, as their sister. I took that to mean their "Sister in the Lord," which was a common appellation at church, back in the old days, when everyone was Brother this or Sister that in a metaphorical sense, which actually I do think has some biblical basis, although the usage has fallen out of fashion at least for now. So that was that. However, it is possible that some casual observers and unchurched people might not get what they were really driving at in another sense, which is that I do not need to go out of my way to remind him that he is only a "Brother in the Lord," althought I was not originally talking to him anyway but he stuck his foot in that, and that is not really true anyway because I don't really have a brother, because he already knows his place and we are not related. Ok, fine. I got the message already, you can stop yelling at me and move on now, because there is nothing further to discuss with them.