Monday, February 5, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during high school, I forget which year, I am thinking that it was Patty Cruz who made a bid to get herself elected class president, and she was popular with her clique, but apparently not popular enough to get herself elected by the entire class, so I think that Carmen won that election. Which is neither here nor there, as I myself asked to have my name erased from the blackboard when nominations were being taken. During Miss Marken's 10th grade English class, due to the alphabetical order of things, Carmen was sitting at my right hand and Patty Cruz at my left hand, but I would not categorize either of them as friendly to me. So why is everyone talking in circles, as if either one of them did not exist, or as if that mattered now? And what is a white girl to think about these jokes mocking white privilege? Not funny.