Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Many years ago, I worked for a short time at Hermano Pablo Ministries in California. I was there maybe a year, maybe not that long before I found a better paying job somewhere else. But during that time one of my co-workers was Mark Carpenter [MK-Ecuador] who was not really Pentecostal, some type of Baptist-like church. He was a friendly and talkative person, at least at first. Probably a year after I left there, I saw Sharon Turner somewhere and she was telling me about how Mark had been fired. It was learned that Mark had been tapping the phones and listening to everyone's personal conversations. He had some deal going with Carol the receptionists at the front desk, who was his accomplice, and Carol helped him with tapping the phones and also was doing some strange filing of documents in a back room although I really didn't understand Sharon's explanation. Sharon said that they were trying to blame me for something although I cannot imagine what. I was already gone when all of that happened. Also, Mark was gave me a short lesson in the studio there about how to splicing tape recordings but he omitted any mentioned to me of the fact that he was tapping the phones and how. I do vaguely remember that before I left there the way he was gossiping at the lunch table was getting sort of annoying. How does he know all these details of the conversation with the newsletter people? Weird.