Monday, April 17, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that years ago when I was working in Boca Raton, late one night after a meeting that I was covering, in the parking lot outside on the way to my car I was accosted by Mike Arnold, who is a City Hall gadfly who is always hanging around City Hall looking for publicity in regards to his cause, which is something about his being against developers and in favor of wildlife conservation. So there I stood in the parking lot blinded by the headlights of cars leaving the parking lot, but it is my job to politely listen to these political people in case there is some story I might not otherwise notice, even though I had already heard this same spiel once or twice before. He always talks about how he was in the military and attended a special military school in California and how he was once shot at or at least confronted by Russian fighter jets, which makes him a U.S. patriot not to be too rudely ignored, and he almost might have one time or another mentioned something about the Conch Republic even though I was not sure what meant, although this really doesn't contribute anything to the story I am working on at the moment. His wife works at a large company but he has plenty of time all day to hang out at City Hall because he is a private investor. I really want to get in my car and go home but sometimes you do have to do the civil thing and be polite to persons who might otherwise go over your head and complain to your boss if you don't write it the way they want it. So it is a juggling act to figure out what do these people want anyway.