Friday, August 14, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I sort of remember hearing that someone was claiming to be the criminal of Bombie who was executed by my McClellan ancestor or distant relative thereof, in maybe the 1500s, who at that time was the sheriff of the region, and the severed gory head of the Bombie criminal, skewered on a sword, was later deposited at the foot of the King of Scotland by the sheriff, proof of the law enforcement task accomplished, for which he was well rewarded and from that derived the title of Lord of Kirkcudbright, although the title is now defunct. Well, if you are the criminal of Bombie, you would remember something like that in very negative terms possibly of a tinkering gypsy, although there is another variation of the story, whereas I only hear of this legend in foggy terms in the genealogy book. I am just saying, I really don't know, but if you say that is who you are, it would be your job to prove something about that, because you have a 500-year-old axe to grind/chip on your shoulder whereas I really don't know. That is the farthest thing from my mind.