Friday, August 7, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, pretty much the only thing that I remember about hiking is that I really enjoyed the experience of walking, the feeling of exhaustion and yet satisfaction at having reached the top, the beautiful views of hills and the city in the distance, how that at a certain height the noise of the city becomes as if a distant hum alienated from there, the interesting trees and flowers, the way the path winds up and up so steeply, there is more of a cool wind there, the blackberries that we gathered somewhere and took home and were later made into a cobbler, etc. etc. If some other persons there were playing some other game, I am sorry but is was not tuned into such games at the time or paying much attention to them. Sometimes you think that other people should be sharing these experience, and yet apparently some persons have no capacity or idea of how to observe and enjoy nature. I don't understand how that is my problem. Life is not fair, obviously.