Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I seem to remember that during high school in the 1970s we were shown that interesting film, "Chariots of the Gods," based on the book by Erich von Daniken, a book that I had previously declined although recommended by my cousin David, but having later seen the movie, who knows, maybe someday I could go back and read the book after all, when I have the time for that, although probably one can imagine that the book is probably along the same lines, and while sometimes the book supersedes the movie, at other times maybe the movie supersedes the book and actually shows the pictures of what he is talking about, sort of. So that was a controversial topic at that time, and probably still now, as to how to theologically interpret this new science of archaeology and historical interpretation in a way that is in harmony with Scripture, and perhaps adding new insights into the original text, rather than trying to tear down the foundations of the faith willy nilly, which is a concern of course, and certainly a topic for some important and brilliant persons to ponder eventually, in the future, for centuries to come, although I don't see what that has to do with me. Ok, so I saw the movie.