Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it was an unfortunate mistake that I should be assigned to write a theater review, a distasteful-to-me chore requiring, if well done, a level of specialized and technical knowledge that I do not claim to possess, nor would I be much interested in acquiring more of that, and also the expression of an opinion that I may or may not care to express in so many words. I do enjoy sometimes reading the reviews written by those who know what they are talking about and am often amazed to see all of these insights they get from some few snippets of theater, and these often give enough context for me to know I don't need to see that. But anyway, theater is a world unto itself, and what I would have to do to go there is just not worth the effort in my case. However, I do agree that, rather than dismiss the play offhand by some unwarranted device, I should have more respect for the hard work that those theater people have to do, trying to make something out of what few scraps they have to work with. Perhaps elucidating the plot blow by blow would help to fill the space allotted and expand the verbiage expected to fulfill this assignment, although not as artfully as might be desirable, but not having Wikipedia available at the time, there was not very much information to go on. Thus, I repent of trying to write a theater review.