Sunday, April 14, 2024

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that my sister was at SCC for a year, at the same time that I was there, and her first roommate was some girl who was a Brazil-MK, I forget what her name was, and I vaguely remember that one day she came to my room to ask the advice of "big sister" on whether she should date some guy, who, the only thing she tells me is that he is a basketball player and she might have told me his name, but that would not mean anything to me, I did not know who the guy was. She never said whether he was a Christian or anything basics like that, only that he was a basketball player. 

And I am so NOT interested in the profession of counselor. I remember hearing that Ronit gives good advice in high school, but I am NOT Romit, so this is an awkward situation, and how do I diplomatically extricate myself from this awkward situation that I did not ask for. If you are going to make such an important decision, you ought to take responsibility for your own decisions and not expect me to provide some excuse for what you were already planning to do anyway. And so I forget what I said.

Years later I heard that I was to blame for her having run off and eloped with that basketball player a short time later. 

Yes, she probably should have asked Linda Harrington for advice. Linda Harrington would have told her the truth about basketball players, that good Christian girls do not socialize with those lowlife trashy sports people. How could I not know that? Sports people are only there on scholarship, not because they have any notion of how to get saved or what is the mission of a Christian college, sports being only a sort of side show. Yes, however that may be, even so, we would be doing well if we take the opportunity to witness to these pathetically wicked sports people, and maybe they would get saved, or not, but anyway, why would you even think of dating such a trashy guy? That is what Linda Harrington would have told her.