Saturday, May 26, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, thanks for reminding me that COGIC is an organization devoted exclusively to black people, one in which white people are not welcomed into leadership and where there is no place for white people for the most part. Not wanting to pick a fight with my distant cousins of the third degree, I thus will agree that there was a brief moment of time in ancient history in which we all met on the steps of the house on Bonnie Brae Street, but more than 100 years have come and gone since that time. There is much water under the bridge now. Good luck with your COGIC literacy project, but I cannot go back there to be dragged down to the level of persons who are not able to translate from Spanish to English. You are perhaps at the mercy of some very bad translators and thus I pity you.

Fortunately for me, I have had the luck to be under some good translators, at least sometimes, part of the time. If the "goods" do make a mistake, at least I am able to independently verify and do my own research and thus am not entirely dependent and at the mercy of whatever "they" say, at least for my own peace of mind, even if no one else will get this. Ultimately, I pity the half-wits of "special" Spanish.