Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Which Reminds Me

During the 10th grade we were all taken on a field trip, to watch a showing of the movie 'Man of La Mancha' at the Teatro El Presidente. Later, back at school, Mr. Kicky thought it was funny to make some joke about my name sort of being translatable to Dulcinea, the bar maid of "Don Quijote," which actually was played in the movie by actress Sophia Loren. He would serenade me with the song from the movie, and although it might have been funny once or twice, later on it got very annoying when he does not seem to get any hints about how this is not funny anymore and enough of that. He would also launch into some nonsensical speech about wanting to be my Latin lover and saying some other gibberish and blah blah blah. Someone was telling me that they have analyzed his speech and they know what that was about, but I really don't remember the details of that. I have mostly blocked that out of my mind and just want to forget about that nonsense and go home to the U.S. because I have plans other than reliving high school over and over again for the rest of my life. I really don't care to be reminded of that. Yes, I tend to think that if I did pause to analyze that I would probably have a better understanding of the depth of the insult, probably junk from some old movie, so it is probably better that I not think further about that. I have other things to worry about than that.