Friday, June 26, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during high school I did enjoy reading that novel by Catherine Marshall, "Christy," which although not a history lesson, does give a general idea of how those Appalachian people are in the backwoods of maybe West Virginia, generically speaking, maybe a hundred or more years ago. Yes, I suppose that it could have been interesting to learn more about that later, but as it happens I never did go to Appalachia, nor do I have much interest now in remembering some fictional character that I never met, or else the ghosts of who they really were, at least not under these conditions. Sometimes there are forks in the road that we cannot return to later even if we had wanted to or even thought of doing that. I read some of her other books also, including "Something More," although perhaps the story of "more" would be wasted on you. Perhaps you would not understand.