Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I confess that I really could not care less about your illegal immigration problem. I might not live long enough to see the result of the prevailing open door policy, so why should I care about that? As a U.S. citizen in good standing generally speaking, my U.S. passport entitles me to live here peacefully without being harassed by green card vendors and legal sharks. Lucky me! I do not have to prove my specialty skills to justify my residence in this country in terms of whether your immigration quotas have been met because anyway I was born here a U.S. citizen, a child of U.S. citizen parents and grandparents, so that would not be my useful motivation for improving my skills, although I may need to do that anyway for other reasons. And having read that book, "The Ugly American," I have about how some U.S. diplomats are making some points about the importance, diplomatically speaking, of not being too arrogant and boastful while traveling in other countries thus to help foster a positive view of the United States and not to unnecessarily aggravate the anti-Yankee tendencies sometimes found there.