Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, sorry, I had not realized that you had mistaken me for, or perhaps I should say that I am not sure when I first realized that you had mistaken me for a high school classmate, Ron-It, who, I have no idea what is going on with her, beyond her being maybe a royalist, because we really never talked. However, the little brownies seem to be very fond of her although myself not being really one of them, what would I know about that? I have not much thought of them but, incidentally, I figured out that she was Jewish and is part of the Jewish community there in that country. I read in the newspaper that El Salvador bought some new airplanes for their Air Force from Israel, so obviously they have a close relationship with the Jewish community that is understandably important to them, even if really our paths do not have much occasion to cross, ourselves being there to work with the Christian churches, obviously. If you were to ask me about that I could easily explain, but it is hard for me to get a word in edgewise with some of those people. Needless to say. 

Although now that the Arabs are running the show there, probably some things have changed, and I am not quite sure how that affects their relationship with Israel. Some people were trying to throw me to Honduras, which is a bit awkward because, although not meaning to be rude to Honduras, I was never there and do not know anything about that. Where did all of these Honduran people come from and why do they think they know something about that?

We once drove through a small piece of Honduras on our way to visit Nicaragua, but that was before the soccer war, after which time the borders were closed and it was too complicated to think of going to Honduras from El Salvador at that time. It was easier to visit Guatemala, which we did often enough.