Saturday, October 1, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember when I first came home to the United States after graduating from high school, and we were at my aunt's house in the Bay Area and talking to my cousin Richard, and he had some records and a record player, and I was welcome to play one of them, or he played something for us, I don't remember in what order that happened, but we were listening to a song that was saying something about "Bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry, and good old boys were drinkin whiskey and rye and saying this will be the day that I die" etc. etc. So that was a rock song that I was hearing played on the record player, but don't know much else about it. There used to be a theory about not really being able to decipher the lyrics, but then again sometimes I do remember some of the words, even if they don't make any sense.