Sunday, October 16, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during my second year at SCC, my sister was also there, and one day her roommate came to my room to ask my advice as if a big sister, and so I listened to her story about how she was interested in accepting to date some sports guy who was interested in her, and what did I think about that. And what could I say that would matter? It is true that I could have pointed out that he was one of those creepy disgusting sports guys who are there on bastketball scholarship, having no affinity with the religious purposes of our college, and spend their off-hours somewhere off-campus carousing and drinking and smoking and who knows what else. But I didn't say that. I could have pointed out that he was a Brazilian whose culture might be a problem or source of conflict in any future relationship. But I didn't say that. She was so dazzled by the idea of dating a sports celebrity and seemed only to want a confirmation of whatever she wants, so, ok, fine, so do whatever you want. Interestingly, within a short time they were married and she was living off-campus somewhere. So whatever. Who am I to interfere with whatever they want. And if I had said some warning things, surely due to the laws of ying-yang, she would have done anyway the opposite of whatever I might say. So, fine, whatever. Why am I still hearing about that/