Friday, July 10, 2015

Which Reminds Me

When I was in college I remember walking across campus and encountering a group of people standing around listening to the Swedish Cederblom boys talking and singing and playing their guitars. When they would see me they would say this is our sister Candi when introducing me to the group of people whose names I can't recall. Ok, well, don't all Pentecostal Christians call each other brother and sister in a spiritual sense? So whatever. But on the other hand there was a sarcastic tone to that and some people were interpreting that in other ways which made them seem not very sincere in their avowals of Christian friendship when that would come back around later. I am just saying. Needless to say, I am not even slightly related to those Swedish Vikings. It does seem weird that to see all these Thor-centric simple-minded Vikings pretending to be our Christian brothers and sisters at church and then behind our backs playing the Devil's game. But I am not in a good position to explain this. They would just kill me if I tried to explain. I would just be dead because I actually have no stupid Viking blood in my family tree.