Monday, October 30, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Why should I trouble myself with thoughts of the succession of the British throne? I am neither Stewart nor Tudor, so this is not my problem. Queen Elizabeth II herself was heard reminding everyone that she herself is a descendant of Catherine of Aragon, the daughter of the Spanish monarchs Ferdinand and Isabella, which seems to consolidate her ancestral and hereditary power. So this is a point that makes it unnecessary to further discuss the events of the 16th century, although we can perhaps sort of see how Elizabeth I, the Tudor Queen, might have deemed it necessary to cut off the head of her half-sister Queen 'Bloody' Mary in order to stabilize England's political situation at the time. I can't say that Elizabeth was wrong on that point given the horrible record of Mary, and she also presided over the destruction of the Spanish Armada, but then again I am not Roman Catholic. We here in America find it hard to understand the politics of the Catholic Stricklands who stayed in England and were possibly among Catholic Mary's hosts in another era. Which perhaps explains why we don't care to dialogue further with the Baron and his murderous Maltese brood. It just doesn't matter that much to me in my daily life what happens over there. It's just all out of my control and I really don't have the resources to ponder such imponderable matters. I don't have the weapons to fight off these attacks from the trashy Turner Tramps and their D. Trapping associates of Malta and/or Italy. It just doesn't matter what the Turner Tramps say about anything. I have to cut off the filibustering Turner Tramps to spare myself some stupid arguments that don't really matter. Why are these people that afraid of my potential success? You are just too ridiculous.