Friday, March 2, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, why all of this chatter about Carol Long? I worked for Carol for a couple of years and then I left and that was that. A few years later I heard that I was replaced by two gopher people to do all of Carol's copious amount of paper handling: memo typing and filing, dictation, photocopying, etc. I also heard that Carol had been fired by Bob. Why? All that I heard was that she had a plan for the publishing company which involved prominently a promotion for herself to a higher executive level. Bob or Rob do not want to hear any more about these ideas of Carol so they fired her. After that she got a great job working for the telephone company, which entailed a move to up north somewhere. That is the last that anyone here has ever heard of Carol. So? I really do not fit into this Long box. There is no place for me there.