Thursday, March 15, 2018

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember when I was in high school in El Salvador, we sometimes visited the house of the Bueno family, and whenever we were there, we two girls, my sister and I, were sometimes waylaid by their two maids, Rosita and Chavelita, who liked to chatter and ask us how we were doing and other items of chit-chat. One day Rosita asked me to go into her room to look at that and so I did that and I saw their simple room with a simple bed and almost nothing else because they are at work. They keep their personal lives elsewhere. Yes, I suppose that I could say something similar. I also live elsewhere than with Rosita and the Bueno family.

Rosita later married a white man and moved to the U.S. and I imagine that she probably lives to this day somewhere in California although I cannot remember her last name or anything else about her personal life.