Thursday, November 12, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, perhaps I did enjoy the Trixie Belden mystery stories, but soon graduated to Nancy Drew. So many confusions, so little time to clarify. The truth is that while I was employed for a certain time at a company whose owners were very Jewish, I myself was not Jewish, as also other people working there were also not Jewish,  nor did I ever think of converting, although I did read that book about Judaism that you loaned me at least partway although probably not cover to cover. There were some nice people there, even though I felt no need to convert when I already have everything I need for Christian spirituality. But due to the Biblical injunctions to obey the appointed authorities, we generally tried to comply with our boss's demands, whether reasonable or not to a point, because it is not necessarily ours to question why, merely to do or die, even when sometimes we did not really understand what your point was. Was I too compliant? Sometimes maybe. But I am not necessarily ungrateful for some interesting things that I learned there.