Monday, November 1, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is mystifying to ponder how it could come about that I may have been drafted to play some role in a drama based on the Wizard of Oz, of which I saw the movie when I was about 12, the year we were on furlough, and maybe read a few of the Oz books that were in our little school library, I do not remember all of them, only that in one of the books Dorothy and her friends fly across Oz in some sort of contraption. 

Perhaps there was the point of my Dad's cousin Dorothy, who is long since dead, and her brood of Bay Area Italians completely unknown strangers to us. My name is certainly NOT Dorothy.

Beyond that, I really do not meditate very much on the point of Dorothy. It was a children's book and now that we are all grown up and gone on with our lives, we set aside these childish books and movies to focus upon matters more relevant to our ordinary lives and our spiritual well-being. Needless to say.