Thursday, November 4, 2021

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that I should express my gratitude for the opportunity of retirement with Social Security benefits, at a time when I really need that. Barring a complete meltdown of the Social Security Trust Fund, I can at least rely on the prospect of Social Security income, however humble the amount may be, regardless of whatever politicians happen to be populating the upper echelons of the governmental food chain at the moment, because obviously one would not want to have to rely entirely upon some particular politician who loves his shot of Bourbon more than he loves me. No, that would not work for me. I need my life to not be dependent in any way on the Bourbon betters of Kentucky. I simple could not care less about that. Needless to say. Obviously.