Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Which Reminds Me

 

Yes, I vaguely remember that while I was visiting my friend at the Sanchez house, she hands this book to me and then says that she is not allowed to read it, but for some reason she is telling me about this and seeming to indicate that I could read it, so I read the book, which was not a long book, and I was curious the way it was presented to me, and I had remembered that at high school a classmate of mine had done a book report on Solzhenitsyn, so I would expect something along those lines. and at the end of the book the Russian KGB spy becomes disillusioned with his life and defects to the West, as did also Solzhenisyn. Someone was saying there is a rather large colony of Russian defectos living in the Northeast of the U.S. But before you get to the end of the book you have to wade through much junk of a rather dreary nature, and sometimes that sticks in your mind more than the end of it that is supposed to be the point of the story, so that was depressing. 

 Which reminds me of a time when I was attending a youth meeting at a church in Miami, and the speaker was giving his testimony about getting saved and being delivered and his life transformed from being a drug dealer. But during the first half hour at least of his speech he detailed various drug deals that he had carried out in the Everglades, of which he later repented fortuantely, but that was more information than I needed to know about that, myself not being in law enforcement. I do not remember who that guy was.