Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that when starting as a reported, covering a City Hall story, that the first story that I wrote was a bit of a jumble, it wasn't clear what was happening there. So later my boss arranged for me to meet with Mr. Burt, the city manager, who kindly explained to me about Robert's Rules of Order, a book to better understand the city government meeting game, and about how there needs to be a motion and then a second of the motion, before actual business can happen, so just because one or another council member is having a theatrical moment talking about wanting to have his ducks in a row, that does not necessarily mean very much, more context would be required to put that commentary in a more understandable context for the reader.