Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, OK, so you are telling us that you, being the famous composer of marches, including the University of Miami fight song, like to remind us that your uncle was Charles Millard Fillmore (1860-1952), not to be confused with Charles Sherlock Fillmore (1854-1948), who was the founder of Unity Church, some religious group based in the Midwest of which I know almost nothing, and his mother was a Stone. Thus, remember you remind us that Millard was also the first name of a U.S. President, whereas Sherlock was only a fictional character, a figment of Doyle's literary imagination.  

And I like the experience of eating Kellogg's corn flakes in milk for breakfast, even if the inventor of that might have been a bit of a fruitcake in his own right, because I am not one of these boycott maniacs who boycott everything just because. I cannot keep track of all of these religious groups that have no connection whatever to me. That would be too complicated for me.