Sunday, June 25, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do not remember why I let Cori persuade me to go with her and some friends of hers to see that dreadful Monty Python movie. I might have had my eyes closed part of the time, so my memory of that is somewhat blurry. At one point in the movie there is a guy who leaps and runs away completely naked. Cori made a very loud speech about how she thought that was so funny, because she could see his balls. I might not have noticed that detail if she had not said that, but whatever. Ok, fine, Anatomy 101. Besides which, everybody already knows there is that verse in the New Testament, during the events of the crucifixion, where that guy runs away naked. Ok, so, fine. Of course most people would agree that not enough context is provided, so that the event of the naked guy fleeing does not bear the weight of too much imaginative reinterpretation without other information to fill in that picture. But of course comedians might have other ways around that.