Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that when I was living in California, I went to a Bob Bennett concert with the Harvey girl's sister, and afterward she saying that she hated the concert and she hated all his songs and thought the words were ridiculous, particularly of that song "Still Rolls the Stone." And I thought that it was ridiculous that I would have to explain the use of similes and metaphors to this obnoxious Harvey girl. Besides which, often the interpretation of poetry is a tricky things. Sometimes you think you understand and then sometimes you realize that you really did not understand, so obviously I am not and insider "in the know." But why would I need to regurgitate this conversation now? Who through you into that picture? Nobody asked you.