Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Which Reminds Me

While I was attending school in Virginia I remember that I met a guy who was working in the library who mentioned that he was from California and had attended Bethany College in Santa Cruz. He was very friendly and whenever I entered the library he would say hello in such a friendly way it was just too much, especially after learning upon inquiries that he was actually engaged to someone in another state. Later, when I was home at Florida over the holidays I mentioned his name to someone and they knew who he was. In fact, it turns out that he had been expelled from Bethany for illegally placing a certain photograph into the college yearbook. He had been on the yearbook staff there. Oh, I didn't know about that. So after those learning those two factors I sort of rebuffed him the next time he tried to overwhelm me with friendly greetings while I was at library doing my school paperwork because really what's-his-name just wasn't that important to me. I couldn't really avoid going to the library now and then to finish my paperwork but, really, he should not be imagining that he was the reason for my being there. I never did care that much about what's-his-name.