Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is rather awkward to have these Hittenberger people pretending to be acquainted with us. Well, maybe we did meet once or twice, maybe at MK Retreat, but those days have receded now into the distant, barely remembered past. I wasn't going to say anything about the Hits as I can only vaguely recall to mind of whom you speak, so it is rather awkward to be asked whether I know them, when, anyway, it is highly questionable whether they would care to admit to knowing anything about me given their hostile online expressions. Certainly, there is not much history there to speak of. I noticed by Facebook spying that one of Jeff's sisters married a Rockefeller, although they have yet to explain whether they are actually connected to the rich family of Standard Oil Company, to whom, by the way, I am not in any way connected. Never mind about Marvin, of whose existence I am only vaguely aware now having done my genealogy research on Ancestry.com. So all of these Christian references to the "Rock" of Ages and so forth are clearly are not intended to reference the Rockefellers in any way. Actually I would rather die than have some such creepy rich man trying to function as some kind of Masonic "Pimp" on my so-called "behalf." And anyway, my parents voted for Nixon, not Johnson. I never promised to be a lifelong Republican party and I could say pretty much the same thing about the Democrat party. Parties are overrated. The Johnsons have nothing intelligent to say to me. Who was that distant cousin of my grandmother's who once worked for Lady Bird? I don't remember her or them. I once saw them at the U.S. Embassy in El Salvador, where Lady Bird sent her photographer to snap a shot of the two little white girls drowning in a sea of browns, watching them through the fence. But we are no longer there in that photograph and Lady Bird is dead. The Johnsons are thus are no longer welcome to revisit a photo they sought to abuse.