Monday, November 18, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember during my first year at college, at Evangel, in the college bookstore, I saw on the shelves some books that were listed for classes on Spanish literature, some of which I had already studied in high school. And that was when I decided that I would not continue these Spanish literature studies, because I had already had enough of that. Why would I be asking for more of that stuff that I don't really need? Near the end of my year at Evangel, one morning in the cafeteria at breakfast I met Regina Stone who was there visiting her brother. That was Regina making some rhapsodic commentary about "literatura," which did not make much sense to me. I like literature but not that much. I do not feel any need for a doctoral degree in Spanish literature, that would force me to overdose on some things that don't particularly interest me anyway. I think that I have enough Spanish to get around the block when I need to do that. Everybody has to use the same dictionaries anyway.