Thursday, December 17, 2020

Which Reminds Me

Yes, how well I remember that evening when we were going to church youth camp at El Cuco beach, and due to the terrible road conditions, the buses stopped at the town and dropped off the people and baggage, and we have to walk three or four miles along the beach at night, carrying our baggage, and crossing a river in basically a canoe, to reach the campground itself, where there is a large thatched roof for the girls, where everyone hangs their hammock from the poles or beams. Walking along the beach, where it is so dark without the brightness of electric lights of the city, the stars overheard are so bright and shining, especially the Milky Way which streaks across the sky. Along the way, coincidentally no doubt, we were accosted by a group of people who were coincidentally partying on that same beach that very night, and they asked us where we were going. Oddly enough, I recognized some of those people as being from my high school. What are they doing there? Why are they bothering us? They could not possibly have known about our church camp because I doubt they would ever have attended our church. So whatever. I don't really have an opportunity to say anything or to ask them any questions. I probably would not have talked to them at school anyway, so why stop to chat here in the middle of nowhere? I still have a long way to walk to get in line for the boat ride across the river, and then it is another couple of miles or so to reach the campground. So whatever. I remember seeing them there partying on the beach but it wouldn't be fair or appropriate to speculate any further on their beach party activities. I just have no idea. Oh, did I mention this to someone?